Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and
curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT
has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an
unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant
number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with
some being made by children under 10. ZZT’s simple ZZT-OOP scripting language
gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer
discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely
preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT
community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
- Closer Look: Card Prime by Dr. Dos (July 30, 2018)
- Closer Look: Caves of ZZT by Dr. Dos (July 22, 2018)
- Featured Game: Sixteen Easy Pieces by Dr. Dos (June 29, 2018)
- Sixteen Easy Pieces Walkthrough by Dr. Dos (June 25, 2018)
- Closer Look: Pokemon Twin Pack by Dr. Dos (June 10, 2018)
- Judging The Autumn 2003 24 Hours Of ZZT by Dr. Dos (May 31, 2018)
- Closer Look: Scooter by Dr. Dos (May 23, 2018)
- Closer Look: Angelis Finale by Dr. Dos (May 14, 2018)
- Closer Look: Wasteland by Dr. Dos (April 29, 2018)
- Closer Look: War of ZZT by Dr. Dos (April 23, 2018)